1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, August 31, 2015

Baptism Sa Bucasong! - August 31, 2015 - Week 44





First of all I want to testify that when there's a will there's is a WAY!! In my last email I said we rescheduled the baptism for Monday night. But we still weren't sure if it was going to happen. But all day on Monday the weather was pretty good so we went forward with it. When we started the service the waves weren't to big so we just kept moving forward. It came time for the baptism and we all looked at the ocean and the waves had gotten bigger. So we asked Jousha and Romeo what they thought. There reply was "Lets do this, I don't want to wait any longer." So we didn't argue. We started out with Romeo. Elder Francisco baptized him. It was crazy difficult! We all got knocked down like three times before all four of us missionaries were in the water and had to help, but we got it done. Then it was time for me to baptize Jousha. The waves were getting bigger every minute. So I asked her again if she wanted to do it another day. She said "No" again. So all four of us missionaries got back in the water and no more then 5 seconds later a HUGE wave came and knocked all of us the the ground super hard. So we all got out of the water and said a prayer on the beach to figure out how we were going to do this. So what we did was went out and after I finished the prayer I told the three other Elders to make sure she goes all the way under. So an other wave came and she fell right back into the wave and was fully immersed. It was a success. Afterwards they both bore there testimonies and brought the spirit so strongly. Even though it wasn't the ideal baptism. They felt the spirit.







On Tuesday night I got a call from the AP's. I was told to go to Iloilo on Wednesday and be at the mission home no later then 5:00. I'M TRAINING!!! On Wednesday I got to the mission office and found out that there is only one new Elder that came in this batch and I have the privilege of working with him. So my new companion is Elder Puig from Mindanao Philippines. He is super soft spoken which is like the complete opposite of me. But yeah so that's that. I hope to learn a lot from him and teach him a few things along the way.



We have two more baptisms planned for Sept 12. They are both on schedule! Two young men, Brent Nair and Kin kin. They will be awesome priesthood holders! Right now Bugasong Branch needs strong priesthood holders. 

Well that's pretty much it for this week. Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. Feel free to send me a quick email or whatever. Love you all and have another awesome week!


-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment