1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Busy Few Weeks - August 3, 2015 - Week 40

So up until this point I've been awful at keeping a daily journal so I am doing my very best to start that up again. Its been two weeks now and I haven't missed a day #determination So hopefully my emails will be a little better.
I'll start off with two weeks ago because I was kind of busy and didn't have time to write.

July 22- Today I have decided to set a goal to write in my journal everyday for the mission so we'll see how that goes. Elder Bontoyan hasn't been feeling to good this week so far so when Elder Francisco and I got home he asked me to give him a blessing. I love opportunities when I get to exercise my Priesthood. It helps me do my very best to always stay worthy. Today Elder Francisco staarted or day by going to Sister Mary Jane and her husband. I extended a baptismal date but sister said no because she is already catholic and her family has been catholic forever. But when I asked her husband he didn't say yes or no. We feel like he is pretty interested and he committed to come to church. Then we went over to Tatay Nietes. He is the one that read the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants in  like one week. We can't baptize him right now because his health is in really bad condition. He can't really leave the house very much because he has trouble breathing like 24/7. His daughter is actually a member. Thats how we found him. He has two sons named Rien Ford and Romeo. They are both 18 and are identical twins. Today we taught Brother Nietes and Romeo about the Sabbath day. Romeo committed to coming to church. Then in the evening we went to the beach to go teach Jousha but she wasn't there. So we played with some kids on the beach and built huge sand castles. And finished the day off with a super awesome dinner at Nanay Heda's.

July 23- Elder Bontoyan is still sick so me and his companion Elder Wardle went out and worked in their area while my companion stayed home with Elder Bontoyan. The first investigator we went to go visit is Tatay Pacifico. Right when we were about to start three Jehovah's Witness Missionaries walked in. I knew right away that this was going to get interesting. So they sat down and immediately opened their bibles and started bible bashing us. We told them about the Book of Mormon. They told us that it is false and that we teach false doctrine. I tried bearing my testimony but they didn't want listen. I was so fired up. Elder Wardle kept telling me don't be rude. As I was bearing my testimony they were all just laughing at me like it was a big joke. I was so angry I can't even put it into words. Those people were so hard headed and prideful with their knowlage of the bible and just kept smiling at us like we were little kids. One of them told us "its great that you want to share and teach people about Jesus Christ, but you should stop teaching false doctrine." Every time they would say something and we would defend ourselves or make a good point they would just get super nervous and change the topic. I was so mad for like two hours after that. Then our day continued we had a couple great discussions. Then to close the day they had a baptismal interview for me. Towards the end of the interview I asked her if she had any questions or concerns. She said she just had one question...What makes someone deserving of baptism? So I paused and thought about it and said "your DESIRE" If someone has a true desire to follow Jesus Christ and the commandments of God with all their heart might mind and strength then I believe they are more then deserving of baptism. I then asked her is she felt like she was deserving of baptism and she said "YES" I said I agree. 
So today I learned how important it is to read and study the scriptures everyday so that in times of need we can fully rely on the spirit.

July 26-28- On Sunday we had District Conference. Jousha, Tatay Marcello Marcario, and Sister Lea Jungco all came to church! We are hopfully panning on Baptizing them all on August 15th. After church Nanay Heda worked with us and we went to Nanay Fernandez to give her the sacrament and share a little message with her. Then we went and visited Tubali family (less active). After that Elder Francisco and I headed over to Iloilo and stayed in Miagao for the night with Elder Larson from my batch. Then the next morning we hooked up with Elder Swanton and a bunch of other missionaries and went to the mall and hungout for our P-Day. It was super fun catching up with them. Then around 4 they all went back to their areas and Elder Francisco and I went and worked with the Elders in Arevalo. Then we stayed the night in the Ap's apartment. Then on Tuesday Morning we all headed over to the mission office and had our Multi Zone Conference. We all kind of learned when President was giving his training he is kind of trunky. Haha He has 11 months left. I learned a lot from Elder Kei's training. He is an AP. He such a good example of a great missionary. Then after Training we headed back to Bugasong. We arrived there at like 9:30 at night.

July 29- Basically today was really lame. I haven't been feeling very well for the past couple days. So I slept pretty much all day. Then in the evening a did my laundry. When that was done we got a call telling us to go to the hospital to give Nanay Heda's husband a blessing because he got bit by a dog with rabies. We walked outside our apartment and Nanay Heda and Nanay Sally were across the street. So we were all waiting for the District President to get there. While we were waiting I felt like I was going to pass out and I remembered I hadn't eaten anything all day because I wasn't feeling to well. Then I passed out and everyone was gathered around me. Then a drank a ton of water and went back to the apartment and they gave me a blessing and then we gave Nanay Heda's husband a blessing. Nanay Sally told me I need to take care of myself so I can help other people. I felt ashamed and very determined never to let it happen again! 

July 30- Today started out kind of slow because i'm still not feeling to good. We went out and worked in Igtagiao where we taught Lea Jungco. Then we came home and had lunch.Then we went to Tatay Nietes and taught him Romeo and Romeos friend Ken-Ken. Romeo and Ken-Ken asked if they could come work with us and see what missionary life was like so we said of course! We went and shared a little message to Canja family (less active). Then headed to the beach to Nanay Heda's to teach Jousha. We had an awesome lesson on the beach and a bunch of other kids came over and listened to us. Then we had a super good dinner at Nanay Heda's home. Romeo and Ken-Ken are super interested. They have been asking us tons of questions all day. They committed to come to institute and church. So we'll see.

July 31- Aug 1- Elder Francisco and I are super sick and haven't really done very much work. I hate not being able to work. I puts me in a super bad mood and makes me home sick.

August 2- We had church this morning and Tatay Marcello and Jousha both came for their third time in a row!!! And Romeo and Ken-Ken also came to church!!! Missionary work is awesome when you find people that care about your message! When they came to church it made my whole week!!! We have some baptisms planned for the 15th and 29th. 

Well thats pretty much all for the past two weeks. Sorry if I rambled on a little. And just FYI all the missionaries here in Bugasong are not sick anymore! :) Love you all so much!


-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment