1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 1, 2015

Week of being Punted... :\ - June 1, 2015 - Week 31

Well this week has been alright. So usually its not to hard to get lots appointments here in this mission. But this week everyday as we filled our planners with appointments. The next day when we went out to go teach those people, no one was home or they were busy or they had an excuse of some sort or another. Its so frustrating! When we walk 10-15 km to someones home in the hot sun or pouring rain and then they aren't there. Its alright I guess because as long as we are doing the work we will be blessed.

Also this week we taught our investigators with a baptism date. We had a really good lesson about the Plan of Salvation. Then at the end of the lesson I asked them how their baptism preparation was coming. They have come to church four times now so they have met all the qualifications for baptism. I was expecting something really good and positive. They told us they can't be baptized because their Father who works in Manila said they can't....

I testify right now that missionary work is HARD.

This week we had our DLC Meeting which was super good. And it was pretty fun because I got to see some of my batch. Most of the DLC was about being perfectly obedient missionaries. Its so important to strive to be perfectly obedient to the things our Heavenly Father asks us to do. HE ONLY ASKS US TO DO THINGS SO WE CAN ACHIEVE GREAT HAPPINESS. He gave us commandments to follow so that if we follow them he can bless us. HE WANTS TO GIVE US THOSE BLESSINGS!


So that is all for this week. I will be getting transferred this week. I'm just not exactly sure where. Its kind of sad because I will miss the people here in San Miguel. I miss you all and love you all and have an awesome summer! (if you get bored just come over and visit me :P)

P.S. The picture of my comp was his reaction when he found out I will transfer 

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment