1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 29, 2015

Another Awesome Week sa Antique - June 15, 2015 - Week 33

This week was a really productive week in Bugasong. Starting on Tuesday we had a zone training in San Jose. After that Elder Lafaele came to Bugasong and worked with me. I learned a lot from him. He is super hard working and the best part about working with him is he got me super motivated to work really hard in this area.

Also everyday this week we get up early and go play basketball in the morning which is super fun because we always meet new people to teach there. On Thursday, we came home from playing ball, and when we got to our apartment there were tons of broken beer battles and trash that someone threw at our apartment when we were gone. We aren't really sure why they did that but we are just glad we were being watched over and protected and that they came when we weren't there.

On Saturday we went to the bukid and well I slipped and fell in the water and got super muddy...my companion could not stop laughing at me. He will probably never let me forget that moment.

I really love the Elders in our apartment, especially my comp. He is super hard working and he knows how to have fun as we work. This week flew by super fast! 

On Sunday we had District Conference in San Jose which also happened to be an area broadcast from Salt lake City. Elder Neil L. Anderson gave an awesome talk on faith. Then after we went back to Bugasong to work with President Tandoy the Branch President. He is super shy and less active. When we got to his house he told us that he can't work with us but didn't give us any reason. So I was kind of being persistent and I didn't take no for an answer. After about 10 minutes of asking him I got really frustrated. I pulled out my scriptures and pretty much chastised him and told him Hey look you are the Branch President here in Bugasong! You need to start leading by EXAMPLE! If you don't work with the missionaries why should the other members?! How can you tell the other members to work with us if you don't even know what working with the missionaries is like. You have a DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY here in Bugasong. Its up to you how you want to use your AGENCY. Then we started to walk away and my comp looked at me like what the heck just happened. We turned around and President said wait...I will come with you. We ended up having a couple of really good lessons that day and I think it really strengthened President.


YES...THAT IS A PUFFER FISH! :-

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment