1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 8, 2015

Welcome to the Jungle - June 8, 2015 - Week 32

This we has been an interesting one...
So this week was transfer day on Thursday. Yes, I was transferred. My new area is Bugasong, Antique. The area is on the other side of the island. My new area consists of jungle, mountains, beach, ocean, a monkey, and much much more. We are super far away from EVERYTHING. :) I am still the District leader here. We have 4 Elders in our apartment. My new companion is Elder Francisco. He is Filipino. He just finished his training just like my last companion. He is AWESOME! The missionaries that transferred out of this area were Elder Swanton (MTC Comp) and Elder Larson (my batch also). My area is mostly by the beach and mountains. Which is exactly what I wanted. :) This area is HUGE! 




Alright so here is the fun part. So on Friday Night my stomach started to hurt really bad so I called sister Aquino and asked her what to do. She told me go to the hospital in the morning. She thought it may be my appendix. So we got up early in the morning and went to San Jose to the hospital. After lots of tests. They figured out I got UTI (urinary tract infection). I think it was from the mass amounts of soda I drank in my first area. So they gave me some meds and just told me to eat healthier and drink more water. So don't worry everything is good now.

So yeah I'm super excited to work here in this new area. The church here is actually a Branch! With about 50 attendance every week. And an other plus about this area is no baptismal font...just the OCEAN :)


Well I will attach so pics so y'all can see some of the area. I love you all and Happy Summer to you all! Love you guys so much! :)
 Saying good bye to good friends in San Miguel




-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment