1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 29, 2015

Just Surviving Out Here in Bucasong - June 21, 2015 - Week 34


So yeah this has been an other awesome week here in Antique. We have a lot of new investigators. This week we tracted the whole beach front. There are so many people there. One of our new investigators name is Jousha, She is super interested. She told us she can't wait to be the next member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Also this week we have been doing tons of Less Active work. There are so many members here but tons of them are inactive because they can't afford to go to church. It makes our job kind of difficult because if I could I would give them money to go every week but it isn't allowed. We went to go teach one of our less actives this past week and they ended up teaching me. They brought up fasting. They asked me how many times iv'e gone to bed starving in my life I told them maybe once. They said they don't remember the last time they went to bed feeling full. They told me fasting here in Bugasong is completely different then fasting in America. She said we fast because we have no choice, we choose to fast instead of starve because there is no point in starving if they can fast. If they don't have food they will say a prayer and ask for Heavenly Father to prepare a way for them to have food. And then they start there fast. It really made it real how important it is to fast. I know now that through fasting and prayer we do receive blessings. 

It has been pretty much none stop rain here since I got here. So anytime I try and do laundry and hang up my clothes to dry well it doesn't work. Right when its about to dry it rains again. Haha. 

Bugasong is an awesome place with awesome people. I am super glad to be here serving and teaching them. I love the gospel I know its true. I know that only through this gospel can we live as families together for eternity. 

I love all you and have an awesome week! Miss you guys. 

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment