1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, May 18, 2015

Another Week in the Philippines - May 18, 2015 - Week 29

Kamusta kamo! Well this week has been another solid week here in San Miguel. So right now we have 10 investigators on track to be baptized on June 20th. We are super excited. Except transfers are on June 4th, so I don't think I will be able to see their baptisms. Pero okay na. Also or attendance at church continues to grow every week. This week we had an all time high of 24 people! :) Five of which are investigators. Elder Lazo and I went and picked them up for church. They live about an hour and a half away from the church in the bukid. They were so excited to go to church. They are all teenagers ages ranging from 10-18. It was totally worth the time and money to go pick them up! :) 

This week on Tuesday we had our District meeting and much to my surprise President Aquino showed up...I'm not going to lie I was super nervous. But after it ended he told me it was really good. This spirit is always super strong and training meetings whether it be district or zone. Its so important that we all know that during those meetings the most important thing is that we have the spirit there. Through the spirit we will know the truthfulness of all things just like it says in Doctrine and Covenants. 

I love this work. I love this gospel. And most of all I love my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that I am a part of Gods Army at this day and time! Anyone out there that may be thinking about going on a mission and is of age. Do It! I have already seen so many blessings that have come from serving and I have only just been out a little while my mission. I know that this church is true. And that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. All you have to do is read it from cover to cover and pray to know if its true. If you do that I know you will receive an answer from our Father in Heaven.  

I love you all and hope you are all doing great. :)

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment