1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Kamusta Kamo! Week 22 - March 29, 2015

I have had a pretty good week and I have learned quite a lot. Alright to start off On Monday we had a family home evening with the Camaral and Aragona Families (investigators). We told them to invite all the friends and family and when you see the picture you will see that they invited so many people! We all sat outside and had an amazing lesson and then played a ton of Philippine games. And then sister brought out this HUGE wok full of Bihon which is one of my favorite foods here! There was 7 kilos of Bihon! It was a very successful family home evening. I love their family so much.






Then on Wednesday Elder Chapman and I went right to work. It was especially hot that day and that day we worked so hard. I love the feeling of coming home after an awesome day and feeling like we accomplished a lot. Wednesday night we walked super far to one of our investigators homes sister Annalisa. We had a very spiritual lesson with her and her daughter Princess. They are golden! We plan to invite them to be baptized this week for the 25th of April! 

Then after the lesson they gave us water before we started walking home. Being from America you don't think about where the water came from you just drink it. So that's what I did. BIG MISTAKE! Here in the Philippines if you are a not from here you absolutely have to drink clean filtered water. If you don't well...I woke up Thursday morning thinking I was probably going to die here on that day. I could not move any joints in my whole body, I had the worst headache I've ever had in my entire life, I could not hear anything, and I felt like I was going to vomit. And I had that feeling till Friday afternoon. I got an amoeba from the water. We didn't work that whole time. I was so discouraged, disappointed, and didn't feel like I was fulfilling my purpose as a missionary and that's all I could think about as I was laying there in bed. So of course I did the only thing I could and said a prayer. And asked for good health and strength and most of all comfort. And Heavenly Father heard and answered my prayer. I cannot tell you how much prayer has changed me and helped me through so much here on the mission. So yeah it was pretty lame that I didn't get to go out and work for two days but I didn't die. :)

Then on Friday night Sister Theresa and here family had a massive fiesta. Because for three weeks out of the year their family is all together. After that her husband goes back California for work, her son goes to Saudi Arabia for work, her daughter goes to Houston, Texas for work and her other daughter lives in another part of the Philippines. When they all leave all she has is us the Elders. I love here like she is my family. I can't wait for the day when she gets baptized! They have an amazing family. The fiesta was great there was so much food! 




On Sunday I am happy to say we had Sister Annalisa and Princess at sacrament meeting and the speakers showed up so I didn't have to speak. It was actually a really great meeting this week. Week had 9 total at church its always better when there is more people.

This morning WE FOUND A GOLF DRIVING RANGE!!!! So My companion, some of the young men from Mandurriao ward and I went and hit some balls! It felt so great to get out and do something fun like that. Especially because I didn't think there was any golf here in Iloilo. 


So I had a great week this week and learned lots. That is it for this week. I love you all so much!  

--
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment