1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, April 27, 2015

6 Months !?! - Week 26 - April 27, 2015

Hello Everyone! To start off...contrary to my last email when I said I was probably going to transfer...Well I am still here in the one and only beautiful San Miguel. Haha
How ever I have another companion. So if you are keeping count that is 4 companions now. I asked President if it was because I am doing something wrong. He responded like this "Elder Frandsen, will you be the new district leader?" I was so confused! So I answered him like "um uh sure President..." haha I was shocked. 

So my new companion is Elder Lazo. He is Filipino. He is 20 years old. He just finished his training. He is one transfer behind me. He doesn't know ilonggo. But he know a little bit of English. He is teaching me Tagalog and I am teaching him Ilonggo, Karay-a, and English. He is awesome. He is super hard working! We are going to do great things this transfer. He is very good at planning which is one of my weaknesses. He is going to help me be better at it. So I am very excited to work with him. And plus he is an awesome cook!! :D


This week we had Stake Conference and it was all about missionary and member missionary work. I learned a lot. It is so important that members do all they can to help the missionary effort in the home wards and stakes. For an example there is a ward here and the members are always working with the missionaries and giving them referrals and fellow shipping the people the missionaries bring. They have the highest attendance percentage in the whole stake they are the highest baptizing in the mission. Some of you might think its the missionaries but it is the ward. So I challenge you all to work with the missionaries. To bring friends to church and introduce them to the missionaries. I know that when you all do that your each individual testimonies will be strengthened.

This morning for p-day we went to the mission home and played rugby, soccer, and basketball. It was so much fun. You know you have a good mission President when he plays rugby with you haha.


Well that's all for this week. Love you all. Hope all is well and have an awesome week! Don't be afraid to send a letter or email. I am always excited when I get letters and emails. Even if the letters don't get to me for a couple months. Like this week I got a letter from mom that was sent in January haha but its ok. Its the thought that counts ;) Love and miss you all! 18 MONTHS PA! :P 
    

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment