1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 24 - Another Busy Week - April 13, 2015

So I would just like to start by saying how excited I am that on Thursday we went to visit Manuel but he wasn't there again. We have gone there everyday since he was admitted. As Elder Chapman and I were walking away from and balay niya (his house) we both decided to go to the hospital where he is and visit him there. So we took a jeepney and headed to the hospital, we took his kids with us. We got there and much to all of our surprise our prayers were answered!! He is getting so much better. Doc says he will return to his normal health and he will be able to leave the hospital sometime this week! He told us the reason why he is getting better is because of us. He told us if he never met us and if we never invited him to be baptized he wouldn't have gone to the hospital. When he met us it gave him hope and something to live for. Through this experience my testimony and his testimony of prayer, faith, and priesthood blessings have been strengthen so much. Thank you everyone for all your prayers. 

This week we had an opportunity to do service for an investigator it was actually a lot of fun! I have set a goal for myself to do at least one service project a week. This one included me having to climb a SUPER TALL coconut tree for this kind of elderly woman because she was is not able harvest the coconuts herself and my companion couldn't do it (he isn't very athletic). And then after he raked her whole yard and burned the leaves. Then she gave us buko juice! (Coconut juice) And sandia (watermelon)! Well worth it! 




This weekend we got to watch General Conference finally. I loved it! Being able to listen to the Prophet and Apostles speak is such a blessing! I noticed a lot of the talks were about Families,Missionary Work, and the Atonement. Those three things are so important and I've noticed it even more since I have been serving a mission. 

I love this gospel and my Heavenly Father so much. I love all of you guys and hope y'all have a great week. Feel free to email me if you want. :)

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment