1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ambot haha - Week 25 - April 20, 2015

Well this week we worked really hard. It feels great to come home from a day and be able to tell yourself you did everything you could today. I am trying to help my companion feel the same thing. So this whole transfer I have been trying to get him to oym at least once a day. I think this transfer he has had 1 partial oym all by himself. I don't know why its so hard for him. I think its just because he is really shy. On Wednesday we came home at the end of the day and we were closing and going over our numbers. And I asked him if he had any oyms and out of no where he took off his badge and said he didn't want to be a missionary anymore. He then asked for the phone and said he was going to call President and tell him he wanted to go home. I was so surprised. I couldn't believe he would just come out of no where and say that. It actually made me kind of mad. I turned my chair around and faced him. I tried to kindly talk to him about it. I asked him why did you come on a mission? He quickly responded and said I don't know. And then he said I came on a mission to change myself. As kindly as I could I told him even if that's the only reason you came on a mission you haven't done a very good job at it. I told him he has so much more potential then where he is right now. He keeps telling me that he feels like if he went home right now he would feel like he had a successful mission. I asked him are you out here to help other people? He said yes. I asked him are you doing everything to help the people we meet and teach everyday come closer to Jesus Christ. He said No. I told him if you want to go home, go home. And I handed him the phone. And I told him you have your free agency but I never want to hear you say "I don't want to be a missionary" ever ever again! 
I hope I didn't hurt his feelings or cause any problems. But para for me being here on a mission is something that is earned and its a privilege. It is an opportunity to be a representative of Jesus Christ. They're are so many people out there that would do anything to go on a mission that can't because of different reasons. I'm not perfect by any means. I am awful at the language, but I know that as I do my best here that through the spirit, prayer, and love I will be able to help and serve these people. 

This week on Friday we went to the bukid (mountains) to go do some service for some investigators. It was AWESOME! We cut down bamboo with machetes from 7am-3pm. The bamboo is for them so they can fix their home. I have lots of pics. This little girl took my camera and took tons of pictures haha. Every week I grow to love these people more and more. Every time I teach them and serve them they become like family. 






I was told that I will probably transfer this week which i'm not looking forward to. I am kind of nervous to leave this area in the hands of my companion. But I guess I just have to have faith. I am still praying I don't transfer haha :D 

I love and miss you all so much. Hope all is well back home. Keep up the awesome work! Have a great week! :) 

You will notice my companion refused to do the service because he didn't want to get dirty...so he just sat the whole time...

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment