1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

And the rainy season starts...! - Week 27 May 4, 2014

Hello Family! 

This week I have repeated in my mind over 100 times the saying "Nothing can Stop the Work from Progressing". This week everyday for all day there has been a huge down pour of rain. But for me I can't stand staying cooped up in the apartment all day. So we go out and WORK. Even when it means we will be 100% soaked by the time we walk out the front door. As you can see in the pictures we roll up our pants put our crocs or flip flops on and just embrace the fact we are missionaries in the Philippines. :) We don't use our umbrellas because it is point less haha. 




I am really loving my companion! He is great. He may not like me so much when its pouring outside and I say "lets go" but he gets over it. :) He is teaching me a lot of things even though I am his follow up trainer. My biggest weakness is his biggest strength...PLANNING! He is teaching me how to better plan and manage my time.

For an update on Manuel. He has returned to the hospital. We aren't sure if he is going to make it. All we can do is just pray for him and his family and know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for him. I know that no matter what he will have the opportunity to be baptized either in this life or the next.

He have an investigator with a Baptismal date! Sister Joy Belez is preparing to be baptized on May 30th! He are super excited. She is progressing very quickly. She reads her Book of Mormon everyday and always has a lot of questions and comments. It has actually been kind of cool teaching her because she is a teacher and prefers that we teach in ENGLISH! So it has kind of tested me because I have never taught all the lessons in English before. It is actually a little harder for me to teach in full English. But I am learning a lot from the experience. :)

Today for p-day Elder Lazo And I took some of the young men from Mandurriao Ward and a less active young man from our area to a place called Little Baguio. The purpose was to help fellowship this young man. His name is Archi. The trip was definitely a success and a ton of fun! We did tons of hiking and climbing. We even went to some water falls. When we got to the place to my surprise there were Pine trees. It smelled so much like Utah and Scofield. All in all it was a great time. I sent some pictures.














Well that is all for this week. I can't wait for next week to Skype you guys! I love and miss you all so much and have an awesome week!


-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment