1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Can't go a day without Scriptures - September 4, 2016 - Week 97

This week we focused really hard on talking to everyone. We were able to find a couple of families that we feel are pretty interested. Lately we have kind of been struggling with getting our investigators to church and to be progressing but we are feeling pretty good about these families. On Sunday I had the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting. I chose to speak about families. Because right now some families in the branch are struggling. I shared the scripture Alma 43:47. I think it hit a couple people and really brought to the table really how important it is to stick together and be a united family. And to literally do everything in your power to defend the family. Then after church Elder Francisco and I were asked to speak at a devotional. So we put together an awesome discussion about powerful scripture study. Its weird because before I left to come on the mission I wasn't the kind of person that just sat down and read the scriptures but now I can't go a day with out em. Well that's about it for this week. On Tuesday and Wednesday we are going to have a Mission Tour which means the Area Presidency will be coming to talk to us and train us to be better more effective missionaries. I'm pumped. Ill take notes for yall. Love yall and take care!!

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment