1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Expect the Unexpected - March 21, 2016 - Week 73

This week was an awesome week until I got a text from President on Thursday. When I read the txt I felt like I was hit with a bullet! It said Elder Frandsen thank you for everything you have done for Roxas and your service as a zone leader. Pack your bags you will get on a bus tomorrow morning and be transferred to Guimaras. Please do everything you can to help the branch there. It needs you there now. And you will be serving as a District Leader again.

Right after I got the text I went straight to the Alejaga and Lago family's to say goodbyes. It was super sad to have to say goodbye to them. I wasn't expecting to be transferred this transfer, and its not even transfer day yet. So it was a very unexpected and random thing.




 But I will go where the Lord wants me to go. So after a bus ride, taxi ride, boat ride, and tricycle ride I am now here on a completely different island called Guimaras. 







So just a fun fact, if you go to the store and get mango jam 90% chance the mangoes are from here. This is a way different area then the others iv'e been in. It will take a little adjusting and lots of Faith and Prayer. There aren't really any stores or anything here, just a lot of jungle and beach. 










I was super sad to leave my friends in Roxas but I am even more excited to see what Guimaras has to offer. I will do my best to serve God and his children here. There is a good chance this could be my last area in the mission but we'll see how it goes. That's about all for this week. Hope ya'll have an awesome week. Love and miss ya'll guy's. 
  
-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment