1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekly Email - November 23, 2015 - Week 56

Hey everyone!
This week was another great week is Roxas. To start out the week Elder Elkington and I went to Manoling on Tuesday to go on splits with the missionaries there. Manoling is probably one of the most remote areas in the whole mission. To get there we had to take a bus to President Roxas. From there we had to take a one hour motorcycle ride to get up the mountain into their area. It was awesome! Then when we got there we got right to work.






 I went with Elder Bontoyan who was one of my apartment mates in Bugasong. We had a great time. We talked to so many people taught lots of lessons and even hiked up to a waterfall. We some HUGE spiders! The spiders there are bigger than my hands. There is also tons of sugarcane farms in Manoling. You can just walk by and cut some down and eat it as your walking around. It is sooo sweet! Then That night we headed back down the mountain and went back to Roxas. On Wednesday we went back to the Banjao family. We had an amazing lesson where we taught the Plan of Salvation. At the end I asked the Father what kingdom he wanted his family to go to. He said of course the Celestial. Ans then he said so we need to get baptized. I was shocked we had never invited them to be baptized. All we told him was in life we have a purpose and they're five things that our Heavenly Father wants us to do while he are here. Faith, repent, baptize, holy ghost, and endure. So all of them committed to be baptized on CHRISTMAS! They will all be coming to church on Sunday as well. We are so excited for them and their family. The spirit has really taken control of the situation and we are just the mouth piece. Our goal is to find another family like that this week.

This week was awesome I learned so much. Hope yall have an awesome week and an awesome Thanksgiving! Eat a lot of pie for me! Love yall!!


-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment