1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Hey Ya'll - October 26, 2015 - Week 52



This was another great week full of exciting stories and hard work. This week I had the opportunity to go on splits with one of the missionaries in my district. We had a great time. We both learned tons! We also came across a snake so we of we caught it haha Ethan, do you have any idea what kind of snake this is?) 


Ethan's response to Jake's question about what type of snake this is, "Some crazy jungle snake but probably not venemous" :)

Anyways this week I tracted into a Muslim family. They let us teach them! It was a huge learning experience for me because I know just about nothing about Muslims. We are actually told to be really careful when teaching them. Because it is really easy to say something that could make them really dangerous. But I think they actually really liked me, because I didn't really focus on teaching as much as just building relationship and trust. It was a success! Right before we left they asked when can we come back and share to them again. It testified to me you can't judge anyone on their religion. We are all sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. As members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we have the responsibility to share the truth to ALL! :) 

This week we also found out that our transfers will be on the 5th instead of the 19th. So it kind of stinks because we have does of baptisms in November. We find out if we are transfering the night before transfers. So right now I have know Idea if I will be transfering. But I think I will because Iv'e been out for a year now and i'm still in my second area. But we'll just see what happens. 
This morning we were woke up early by someone saying tagbalay at our door. So we woke up and he told us the Mayor wanted to meet with us immediately. So we all got dressed and went to meet with him. We just kind of discussed who we are and why we are here. It was pretty cool. And then he gave us the number of the head of the police and security department and said if there is ever any trouble just call. Then he offered to take us to breakfast.

Well that's it for this week. Love and miss yall! 






-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment