1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, October 12, 2015

Iloilo - October 5, 2015 - Week 49

So this week was a week full of training's and meetings for me. Tuesday morning I headed to Iloilo with the District leaders in Antique Zone. And also with Elder Dorman who is our new AP! So Elder Dorman and I have been in the same zone for pretty much my whole mission so far. He is a super inspiring missionary. Anyways so we got to Iloilo that evening. I had the opportunity to work with a couple of the office Elders thin their area. That night I slept at the AP's apartment, we had a really good discussion about what this mission really needs to do to step up and become better. And one of the things that were mentioned was, if we want to be solid missionaries just follow PREACH MY GOSPEL in every aspect. Anyways the next morning we had District leaders council. Both the AP's Elder Craythorne and Elder Dorman gave outstanding training's! I learned so much on how I can use my time better and how important it is to just to what the leaders of the church say in PMG. After the meeting I went out and worked with Elder Craythorne (AP), it was awesome! Then that night I stayed with the APs again and the next morning we had trainers and trainees meeting. I learned how I can better help my companion which was good for me because for some reason lately i feel like I could be doing something more to help him I just didn't know what. Then after that we headed home back to Bugasong. We arrived late that night and then got up the next morning and got right back to work. On Sunday, Elder Puig and I had 8 investigators at church. And right now we have 2 families and 3 other people on track to be baptized on October 31. And then another family on November 19th. We are trying to focus more on baptising full families rather then just single people. Its important for the whole family to be all on the same track and have the same goal as far as going to the temple and being a forever family. All in all this week was great and can't wait to keep pushing myself to work harder and serving more. Love you all and have an awesome week!


-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment