1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, October 19, 2015

ONE YEAR/TYPHOON - October 19, 2015 - Week 51

So last week we had the best weather I've had my whole mission. Turns out it was the calm before the storm...This week we had a Typhoon blow in and it hit pretty crazy hard making it a little difficult to do missionary work. But we managed to just endure and work through it. Not gonna lie...sometimes it was pretty scary and kinda dangerous. But it was also pretty fun to just watch.

(This is a note we also got from him in another letter..."hey! Crazy week with crazy weather but im still alive! Last night my comp and I were walking home and out of now where winds and rain was super crazy worse than I have ever seen! So we stood there and said a prayer with lightning and thunder and winds and rain all around us and i couldnt even here my comp speak. But we walked home and we are safe now! How is every one doing there?")



Anyways this week I had an interview with President which was good. He told me a few things that I can do to be a better missionary and help out our District. 
Right now here in Bugasong Elder Puig and I are seeing so many miracles and blessings happen daily! Right now we have 8 full families with a baptismal date for the end of November. And if thinks work out we will have a baptism on the 31st of October and also another one on November 14th. I just want to testify if we do our best to do everything we can to fulfill our purpose as missionaries and just GO TO WORK everyday. Our Heavenly Father will put people in out place that are prepared and ready to receive His Gospel! Missionary work is so discouraging sometimes but its important we don't focus on the challenging things but that we remember this is our Heavenly Fathers work and "...NO unhallowed hand can STOP the WORK from PROGRESSING." Well thats about it for this week.


Love and Miss you guys...have a great week! 

P.S. ISA KA TUIG NA LANG!! :)
      (ONE YEAR LEFT)

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment