1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 18 - March 2, 2015

Hey everyone! This week has had its ups and downs. As does every week. I am still struggling with my companion. And I am really struggling with the languages. I have a pretty good idea why. This week we have done very little work. For reasons i'm not going to list because they don't really matter. We will just say my companion is lazy and disobedient. I have written an email to the mission president about it. So hopefully we will see an improvement soon. I am trying to do my best to learn from my companion so one thing I have learned is that when I get frustrated or discouraged. I can go to my Heavenly Father and ask him for comfort. And through reading my patriarchal blessing and the Book of Mormon I get a huge spiritual boost. 

Alright on to a new subject :) this week we had the opportunity to go to Brother Rudy's home with a few members and the Couples Missionaries and have a family home evening. We all had such a great time. 



So I found out something interesting this week. And I wasn't sure if I was going to share it with all you but I am. So here in the Philippines there is a terrorist group called the NPA (new peoples army) So I found out that there is a small group of NPA right next to my area. So me being white, I just have to be careful where I go and who I talk to. But no worries because I know that I have been called here to serve the Lord and if I do so and am obedient then Heavenly Father will protect his servants. :) 

This week I have been trying to extend more baptismal dates to investigators. But as I do that for some reason I get the same kind of answer "I don't really want to get baptized but can you still keep coming over and visiting us?" It's kind of frustrating but I know that through prayer and faith that as we continue to visit those people and teach them. That they will be able to feel and recognize the spirit and eventually they will make the choice to be baptized.

So that's all for this week. Transfers are on the 13th and I am hoping and praying I will be able to train. :) Thank you all for you prayers and support. I love you all and have a great week!

I have yet to see a real basketball hoop but these ones are everywhere here they love basketball!


Elder Frandsen got to meet up with his Mission President, President Aquino and his "batch" that he arrived in the Philippines with.



These are a few pictures of where some of their Sunday Meetings are held




-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment