1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 19 - March 9, 2015

This week has been a little interesting and I don't feel it important to share the details. I have written everything down in my journal so maybe I will share it when I get home. :) 

This week because of certain circumstances I had the opportunity to work with one of the Zone Leaders si Elder Watkins. We went out and worked super hard trying to find new investigators. We found a place in the Banwa where there was a lot of people that were very accepting of our message and wanted us to come back. :)   

Yesterday at church was AWESOME. We had a total of 16 people at church which is the most we've had in a long time. And to top that 4 of them are investigators. The talks that were given were nami gid! The spirit was so strong! I really have learned to love being in a small group. I have grown so close to the members here. Siempre its hard gid at times but I have learned so much from this experience.

Okay so here in the Philippines they have these things called BROWNOUTS. A brown out simply is when the power goes out. But here when the power goes out EVERYTHING goes out. So simply NO WATER and NO ELECTRICITY. Brownouts happen very often at least twice a week and when a brownout happens its usually for a 12 hour period of time. So you just learn to work around them. To cook you just build a fire, to shower...well you just don't haha. But this week we had a brownout from Saturday morning till Sunday night...So yeah when I went to go shower...NO shower. When I went to go iron my shirt...NO electricity. And when I went to go make breakfast...I made breakfast...but the smoke from the fire stayed in my clothes all day. :) So yeah there's brownouts for you. 

But I have learned to count my many blessings. :) And I have learned to be grateful for all the many things I go have. 

So that's all for this week. Love you all and enjoy the snow! ;)

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment