1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week of patience February 22, 2015

This week has been kind of slow. My companion is making things kind of a struggle. He is 3/4 done with his mission so he is "trunky" and disobedient. I know that if I do my best to do the work that his decisions won't effect me. 


This week I have been trying to learn and work on being a better group leader. And strengthening our members here in San Miguel. Last Monday we had a FHE with the whole group. I taught a little lesson about missionary work and how members can be missionaries also. So I challenged all of them to bring one person to church with them on Sunday. Half of them did it so I was pretty excited. I was able to talk to those people and set up teaching appointments.

As I have been out here I notice how much members effect missionary work. I wish I would've worked with the missionaries more and talked to the investigators they brought to church. 

Never the less I am loving the work here! I love sharing the gospel to everyone and seeing how it effects people and their lives. I know that missionary work is called of God and that if we Faithfully serve our Heavenly Father we will be blessed and our testimonies will grow so much. 

PS We had interviews with President Aquino this week and he kind of hinted to me that I will be training next transfer. So I am super super excited! :)

Everyone have an awesome week. And look for missionary opportunities! Love and miss you all!

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission




1 comment:

  1. Way to go jake!!! He is doing so awesome!!! I'll pray for him and his companion.

    ReplyDelete