1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, February 2, 2015

Transfer Week: New Companion February 1, 2015


So this week was very interesting. I am half way through my training. And usually you stay with your trainer for the first 12 weeks. So we thought we were going to stay together another 6 weeks her in San Miguel. But we got a call Wednesday night telling Elder Staples "pack your bags you are transferring in the morning" So Thursday morning we went to transfer meeting. My new companion is Elder Miguel! He will be finishing training me here in San Miguel. He is Filipino, he has been out for 18 months, he is super good at Ilonggo, Karaya, Aklonon, and Tagalog. It should help my language a lot having him as a new companion. He is super awesome! He works really hard but also knows how to have fun. We are going to change a few things in San Miguel to be more effective. He knows how to do missionary work fun and effectively. So I hope to learn a lot from him.

Oh okay so last week Elder Miquel and I were walking to an appointment and we saw a white lady. So Elder Miguel told me to go talk to her and tell her about us. So I did. She is visiting from Australia. I noticed as I was talking to her how hard it was for me to speak English to her. It was so weird! And it is taking me longer to write my emails now because I actually have to think to my self "how do I say this in English" So I apologize for my mistakes and grammar. 

Well that's it for this week. Hope you all have a great week! Love you guys! 

-- 


Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment