1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 9, 2015

Well Hello everyone! This week has been busy. I am learning a lot from Elder Miguel. He is super good and relating and becoming friends with the people we meet. He doesn't really know English so it makes planning and the simple stuff kind of challenging. This week my language is kind of struggling but it reminds me to keep praying and that I am nothing without God. Its kind of frustrating sometimes. But I know that through these trials, it will make me stronger and a better missionary. This week my testimony of prayer has grown a lot! I think I have prayed more this week then I have in my entire life. I know that no matter what we are going through Heavenly Father will always be there for us. I know that missionary work is the work of God and we are just the tools in his hands and its up to us to decide what kind of tools we are going to be. There are a lot of missionaries called to serve around the world to teach the gospel and serve God. But I have seen here in the Philippines, as one of those missionaries that very few of them can leave everything behind and fully immerse themselves in the work. Our goal as missionaries should not be to be the sharpest knife or the best screw driver or the strongest pliers, but to be the all purpose Swiss army knife with many different applications. And be able to know how and when to use each of those different tools. (that analogy was for Ethan)

Kabalo ako nga ini simbahan is the only true church diri sa kalibutan subong. Propeta si Joseph Smith kag naglubad ni Joseph Smith ang Libro ni mormon. Palangga kita sang Dios. Sang ngalan ni jesukristo Amen.

Love you all and have a great week! :)


-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment