1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, January 26, 2015

Gilbert Gets Baptized January 25, 2015


The baptism was awesome! My companion baptized Gilbert and I confirmed him on Sunday. It was a very spiritual experience. He is going to do great things here in San Miguel. I wore my tie but it is super expensive to send it home so i'll just send a picture. Our mission goal for this year is a baptism a week per companionship. So me and my competitiveness is bound and determined to do just that. 

This week I have figured out the most relaxing thing in the world! Riding on the top of a jeepney. Just kick back read the Book of Mormon and feel the wind in your face. It is the best! Don't worry mom its completely safe :D Your just have to make sure you don't forget the Book of Mormon part. :)

This week we have just been really focused on getting a lot of investigators so we will have people to teach and baptize. Also this week I got another calling. My comp and I are home teachers for all of San Miguel members. So we are suppose to visit them all monthly. Haha They really like keeping us busy here. Its good for us.

Oh and by the way i'm now half way through my training! :) Well that's it. Everyone have a great week! Love you all!
Elder Staples, Gilbert, Elder Frandsen
Gilbert's Baptism Day January 24, 2015

-- 
Saying good-bye to  Zone Leaders

Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment