1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, January 18, 2016

Merry Christmas Ya'll - December 27, 2015 - Week 61

So this was officially my last Christmas in the mission. It was, in the words of Nacho, FANTASTIC! Elder Elkington and I baptized the Alejaga Family! It was one of the biggest highlights of 2015 for me.

 So when we found them it was kind of an interesting situation. The Mom and the kids were born and raised as Muslim and the Husband was Catholic and is in the military and only gets to come home like twice a year. But I happened to have a picture book of my family in my bag. The youngest kid Nene, went and stole it out of my bag and the Mom took it from him to give it back to me and then she saw it was a picture of my family. She kept talking about how beautiful and nice my family is. So I asked her if she wanted the same thing with her family. She said yes of course. Then I said okay that is why we are here. She then said but i'm Muslim. I said that is okay. We want to teach you something that will change your families lives forever. She smiled and said okay. So we ended up picking her up for church that Sunday. She brought all her kids. All of her kids are pretty young and crazy and loud. So you can imagine how that went. So after church Elder Elkington and I were talking and were like "she is never coming back" We were so wrong. She has come to church every week since with all her kids all by themselves. They are now some of the strongest members here in the ward.

So yeah we Baptized them on Christmas. There is no such thing as snow or cold here but we had the best White Christmas ever! 




And then the day after Christmas I got to skype and talk to my family! Even though I was getting kind of 
stressed because of the dumb computers here and the crappy internet connection it was great to see all their blurry little faces for a little bit. I miss and love yall so much. Hope you all had an awesome Christmas as well!  

--
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission






No comments:

Post a Comment