1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September 20, 2015 - Week 47

Awesome week! This week we went to Iloilo for our mission tour. Elder Bowen from the quorum of the 70 came and spoke to us. Here in the Iloilo mission there are quite a few missions that aren't the most obedient or hard working. And slowly as those missionaries train new missionaries, the new missionaries do what there trainers do which isn't the best. So a lot of what Elder Bowen talked to us about was WHO WE ARE, WHAT WE ARE,  and HOW IMPORTANT WE ARE. It was kind of a slap in the face to a lot of missionaries. There are so many missionaries around the world...don't get me wrong that is FANTASTIC! But so many of us don't know how important we really are. We all know our purpose which is to invite others to come unto Christ. That is the "PURPOSE" that all missionaries are familiar with. But for me if we really want to know our deeper purpose and how crazy important it is we can read it in Jacob chapt 5. Our purpose as members and missionaries alike is to gather Israel. Why do we need to gather Israel? Well just ask yourself what covenants you have made with our Heavenly Father in your life. Baptism, When we were baptized we take upon us the Abrahamic covenant. Now what promises come with that? His seed, or descendants, would receive the gospel and bear the PRIESTHOODThrough the ministry of his seed (MISSIONARY WORK) “all the families of the earth would be blessed, even with the blessings of the Gospel, which are the blessings of salvation, even of life eternal

So very simply, If there are no missionaries, how are Gods children going to receive His gospel and achieve Exhalation? They can't. It is our job, that our Heavenly Father has entrusted us with for two years to bring the message of the true gospel to our brothers and sisters. I don't know about anyone else but when I heard that training, I thought about it and I kicked it into gear. 

Missionary work is great! I know that this gospel is so true. I have seen the blessings and happiness that comes from it. That is why i'm here, because I want as many people as possible to have that same joy I have received. 

I love ya'll like crazy! Have an awesome week! Ya'll are the Bomb! ;)

-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment