1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 11, 2015 San Miguel


Ahhh! Haha This week has been so crazy busy! I only have a little while to email this week so it'll be brief. 
This week we have been teaching Brother Gilbert! He is awesome! His wife is a member but she has been a little less active. But they have been coming to sacrament meeting the past two Sundays. Sister Letty (his wife) spoke this week in sacrament meeting. She gave a fantastic talk about faith. His date for baptism is on January 24! We are so excited for him. His family will be a great addition to San Miguel Group. 

Also, on Sunday President Aquino visited us and brought his whole family (15 people) they were great. It was kind of funny because this Sunday I conducted the meeting, blessed the sacrament, passed the sacrament, said the closing prayer, then taught primary. Haha I love it! :) 

Earlier this week I had my first Zone Meeting. I learned so much! President Aquino's goal here is to teach us all how to be leaders. So that was what our zone meeting was about. Leading by Example, Being a caring Leader, and Leading like the Savior did. I learned that if you want to be the best leader you can be you have to love the people, serve the people, and lead them like Christ lead Peter and the other Apostles. 

This week I have learned how important members are to missionary work. So I have a challenge for all of you. If you can do your best to invite and take one of your friends to church this Sunday and introduce them to the missionaries and bishop. But most importantly introduce them to your friends and make them comfortable there, answer their questions. But before you invite them make sure you are comfortable at church because if you aren't comfortable with your church your friend won't be either. :)

Well sorry it's short but that's all for this week. I love you guys so much. And have a great week!! 
 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission










No comments:

Post a Comment