1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Week 3ish November 14, 2014

Hello Everyone! This week has gone by so fast. We spend about 8 hours a day in class learning mostly the language. We did this thing called TRC this week, TRC is where some members come here to the MTC and we teach them kind of like a home teaching lesson. The only thing that's different is it's all in Ilonggo. We taught this elderly lady that grew up in Bacolod Philippines. She was one of the nicest people I've ever met! We talked to her for a solid 45 minutes! It snowed here yesterday and the Polys went crazy because they had never seen snow before. It was hilarious! We are supposed to get more snow on Saturday so we'll see how that goes. The food here is starting to get kind of old but it's fine. This morning we went to the temple early again so we ate there and the food was amazing! :) Being able to go to the temple every Friday is one of my favorite things about the MTC. At the end of everyday we have a zone song and prayer. The spirit is super strong when we do that. I love it when one of the Samoans say the prayer in there native language. The devotionals are fantastic as always amazing. Well that's about it for this week. Have a good week everyone. Love Y'all
PS mom just FYI we got notice that if anyone wants to send anything to me for Christmas that it needs to be sent to the MTC here before I leave because this time of year the mail in the Philippines is no bueno. So i would just take what ever to the Philippines with me thanks 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

  

No comments:

Post a Comment