1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Week 2 in the MTC November 7, 2014

 Jake sent a few pictures of MTC life in the classroom and with his district at the Provo Temple.

Elder Frandsen & Elder Swanton (District Leader)

 Hey Family! 
This week has been great! I weighed myself yesterday and well the scale read 146 so that's that haha. Anyways We have been role playing with an investigator everyday this week. He only speaks and understands ilonggo so it gets kind of hard sometimes but he committed to baptism yesterday finally. But turns out that was the last time we teach him because now he is our new teacher. haha So now we have two teachers they are the BEST! Brother Winfield who went to Bacolad from 2010-2012 and now Brother Waggoner who went to Iloilo at the same time. They are super spiritual but also really funny. They teach us to SYL every day. So in other words they want us to speak our language all the time. Its super fun! I never thought learning a language could come this quickly but I know without a doubt that it is Heavenly Father blessing me everyday with the gift of tongues. We pray, sing, and pretty much communicate 80% in ilonggo. The devotionals here are fantastic! This is truly a blessed place. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to go to the temple every friday. Keep the letters coming. Palanga ako mo! Have a great week. 

My p-day is every friday justin case ya'll wanted to know. By the way mom my teacher said "fixin" the other day just like you do it was to funny.   

Elder Frandsen's MTC district at the Provo, UT Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment