1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Last Week in MTC December 5, 2014




Well nothing super exciting happened this week. It's kinda hard to compare to last week. We've just been going all out in our language study till we leave. Yesterday we skyped a member in the Philippines. We understood a lot more then I thought we would. Which was awesome. They just talk SUPER fast there so you are always trying to listen super close to understand them. She lives in Iloilo and she kept talking about the typhoon. Sounds like it's a kind of a bad one. So when we get there we will be doing a lot of service. (building houses, repairing houses, cleaning the streets,etc) Everyone just keep the Philippine people in your prayers. Salamat! (Thank you!)

We leave for the Philippines early Thursday morning. When we get there we will be staying at the Manila MTC for five days. Then we fly to Iloilo :) It will be interesting to see what happens when I get there. There is a good possibility I won't even be speaking ilonggo. We could speak waray waray, akyonon, aklonon, tagolog, or cebuano. But no matter what happens I know Heavenly Father will help me along the way.

I have seen so many blessings here in the MTC. I know it's just the start of the next two years. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

Well this will be the last email for a couple of weeks. But I just want to thank everyone for your support and prayers. Palangga Taka! Have a great week!




-- 
Elder Jake Frandsen
Philippines Iloilo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment