Things Jacob shared about where he lives and what he's doing...
1. No running water means...a walk into the village with his companion and their buckets to bring water back to the apartment...they ride a "Jeepney" home to shower and wash clothes in said bucket.
2. McDonald's menu is not quite the same....rice, noodles, chicken (no chicken nuggets) and no Big Mac.
3. Umbrellas aren't much good in the rain...the locals only bring them out for shade when it's sunny.
4. He's invested in cheap rubber shoes that look just like dress shoes.
LOTS AND LOTS OF RAIN!
5. When trying to approach someone's door to share a message the missionaries holler out a hello to the door through the gates and a classic response is, "My mom says she's not here."
6. The very best mangoes in the whole world.
7. He loves the people!!!!